Opening Dates for the Academic Year 2014-2015
Opening Dates for New and Continuing Students for the 2014-2015 Academic year.
- Monday September 13, 2014 - Arrival of New Students
- Tuesday 15 - Thursday September 18, 2014 - Orientation and Registration of New Students
- Thursday 18 - Saturday 20, 2014 - Registration of Continuing Students
- Monday September 22, 2014 - Inauguration of New Academic Year2014-2015
MAIN THEME: SOCIO- ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT IN EAST AFRICA: CHALLENGES AND POSSIBLE SOLUTIONS
29th TO 31st OCTOBER, 2014
VENUE: MWENGE UNIVERSITY COLLEGE OF EDUCATION - MOSHI TANZANIA
The role of any university besides teaching is to involve itself in community service and innovative research which will yield new knowledge that is key in addressing community problems and challenges. Looking at our country and many other countries in East Africa and beyond, there are many social, political and economic challenges which need immediate solutions. For example Tanzania in her Vision 2025 focuses on five important areas of concern namely: high quality livelihood; peace, stability and unity; good governance; a well educated and learning society and finally a strong and competitive economy. After more than ten years of the implementation of Vision 2025, one wonders whether the life of a Tanzanian is improving. Similar trends are also found in other East African Countries and beyond.
Mwenge University College of Education (MWUCE) as one of the stakeholders in the East African Community, is interested in bringing various scholars, academicians, economists, activists and many others in a conference to explore the socio- economic challenges to development and their possible solutions for East Africa.
1. Science, Technology and Innovations as Instruments for Development
2. Higher Learning Education and Development
3. Gender and Development
4. Competency Based Learning Education and Development
5. Financial Institutions and Development
6. Telecommunication and Media in Development
7. Natural Resources, Environment and Sustainable Development
8. Religion and Development
9. Language and Development
10. Health Services and Development
11. Employment Opportunities and Development
12. Governance and Development
13. Mathematics and Development
14. Peace, Stability, Unit and Development
15. Globalization and Development
Interested scholars should submit an abstract not exceeding 500 words. The format of the abstract will consider format type 12 point font size Times New Romans, double space and APA writing style. The paper should be top, bottom, left and right margins “normal” or 1 inch. The abstracts will be assessed by a team of professionals at MWUCE and successful scholars would be called upon to submit complete papers for presentation. The complete papers should consist of introduction section, methodology, findings and implication of the findings for policy actions. Soft copies should be saved as word file (Ms Word 2003 format or Rich Text Format).
Interested scholars are supposed to adhere to the following deadlines:
Deadline for submission of Abstracts 15th August, 2014
Deadline for submission of Full Paper 15th September, 2014
Deadline for registration of participants 15th October, 2014
Non MWUCE Participants
Payment should be paid to MWUCE Bank Account
Bank Name: CRDB BANK LTD
Account Number: 01J1039285600
Bank Branch: MOSHI
The participants will have to cover the expenses for their own travel to MWUCE, their accommodation and other personal needs. The conference will supply only tea and lunch for registered participants.
All inquiries and submissions should be directed to:
REV. DR. SALEMA VICTORINI, Chief Coordinator
Mobile: +255 754579108.
SR. BRIDGITA S. MWAWASI: Assistant Coordinator
E-mail: email@example.com -
MASTERS, BACHELORS, DIPLOMA AND CERTIFICATE PROGRAMMES NOW ON OFFER!
Applications are invited from qualified individuals for the following Masters, Bachelors, Diploma and Certificate programmes on offer at MWUCE.
(A) Graduate programmes
- Masters in Business Administration (2 years);
- Master of Education with specialization in the following areas:
- Curriculum Development and Instruction
- Educational Assessment and Evaluation
- Educational Planning ad Administration
- Professional Practice in Secondary Education
- Professional Practice in Higher Education
- Higher Education Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Education
(B) Undergraduate Programmes
- Bachelor of Education in Science;
- Bachelor of Education in Arts;
- Bachelor of Arts in Geography and Environmental Studies;
- Bachelor of Arts in Sociology and Social Work;
- Bachelor of Science in Mathematics and Statistics;
- Bachelor of Bussiness administration and Management;
- Bachelor of Philosophy with Ethics.
(Please NOTE that applicants interested in any of our undergraduate programmes are required to apply through the Central Admissions System accessed through the Tanzania Commission for Universities, (TCU) website. To be linked to the TCU website, please follow this link.)
(C)Diploma and Certificate Programmes
- Diploma in Computer Science (2 Years);
- Diploma in Accounting (2 Years);
- Diploma in Business Administration (2 Years);
- Diploma in Laws; (2 Years)
- Certificate in Computer Science; (1 Year);
- Certificate in Accounting (1 Year);
- Certificate in Business Administration (1 Year);
- Certificate in Laws (1 Year);
- Certificate in Library, Records and Archives Management (1 Year);
- Certificate in Journalism and Media Studies (1 Year);
Direct entry requirements for Masters in Business Administration (MBA)
i) The candidate must meet the common regulations for admission into the Masters Degrees Offered by SAUT.
ii) Holders of at least a First or upper second Degree or its equivalent in non classified Degrees.
iii) Holders of Lower Second class or pass degree with a minimum of two and three years’ work experience respectively.
iv) Holders of Post Graduate Diploma in business studies or related fields
v) Applicants with professional qualifications such as (CPA, ACCA, and CSP) plus a year or more of work experience, provided they completed form six.
Direct entry requirements for Diploma in Computer Science programme
- Holder of a Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (CSEE) or East Africa Certificate of Education (EACE) (O-Level) with, at least, four passes at ‘O’ Level including passes in Mathematics and English.
- Holder of a Certificate of Advanced Secondary Education Examination (CASEE) or East Africa Certificate of Education (EACE) (A-Level) or its equivalent and should have:
a) at least one principal level pass and one subsidiary pass in any of the following subjects - Computer Studies, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Economics, Commerce, Geography and Accountancy; OR
b) one principal level pass (Grade C or above) in any subject listed in (ii) a; OR
c) two subsidiary level passes at O-Level in any of the subjects listed in item ii a and with, at least, two years of work experience in a computer-related filed; OR
- Holder of a Certificate in Computer Science, with an average B grade, from a recognized University.
Direct entry requirements for Diploma in Accountancy
i. Form four certificate holder with three credits including a pass in mathematics OR
ii. Form six certificate holder with one principal pass or two subsidiaries including Basic Applied Mathematics. OR
iii. Certificate in Accounting or Business related programme with an average of B from recognized institution as far as he/she has a pass in Mathematics in O – level.
Direct entry requirements for Diploma in Business Administration
i. Form four certificate holder with at least three credits OR
ii. Form six certificate holder with one pass or two subsidiaries OR
iii. Certificate in Business related programme with an average of B from a recognized institution.
Direct entry requirements for Certificate in Computer Science programme
i. Holder of a Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (CSEE) and should have Grade D or above at ‘O’ Level with passes in Mathematics and English.
Direct entry requirements for Certificate in Accountancy
i. Form four certificate holders with at least four passes including (Mathematics) OR
ii. Form six certificate holders with at least one Principal Pass
Direct entry requirements for Certificate in Business Administration
i) Certificate of secondary school education with at least four passes in any subjects
Direct entry requirements for the Certificate of Law
Applicants for this Programme must have a minimum of Form IV level education and must have at least four credits in any subject OR any five passes OR two subsidiary passes of A-Level education, recognised by the National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA).
Direct entry requirements for Certificate in Library, Records and Archives Management
i) School Certificate of Secondary Education with passes of at least “D” in four subjects (including English language), OR Form four with two credits, OR Form Six level with at least one Principal Pass.
ii) A candidate who does not have such a certificate may be admitted in exceptional circumstances as per University Regulations
Direct entry requirements for Certificate of Journalism and Media Studies (CJM)
i) Advanced Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (ACSEE) with at least two principal level passes, one of which must be English.
ii) A Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (CSEE) with a minimum of five credits, including English.
Eligible applicants should download application forms from here for the Certificate and Diploma Programmes, while Applicants for the Masters programme can download the application form here, or collect them from the reception office at MWUCE, fill them up and submit them to the Admissions Office of Mwenge University College of Education, P.O. Box 1226, Moshi, upon payment of non refundable application fee of Tsh. 20,000/=.
Congratulations to Dr Telli
Congratulations to Dr. Godfrey Telli of MWUCE who has just had an article published in the Journal of Language and Culture entitled 'The language of instruction issue in Tanzania: Pertinent determining factors and perceptions of education stakeholders'. Dr. Telli is a lecturer in the Education Department of MWUCE.
To read the article follow this link.
Congratulating Assistant Librarian Ivan Mmari
MWUCE is proud of Mr. Ivan Mmari, Assistant Librarian at MWUCE, who has won an INASP Library Leadership 2013/2014 grant. Mr. Mmari is one of 8 people who have won this grant that was open to librarians from the developing world. Mr. Mmari plans to undertake a number of learning visits to university libraries in Kenya and Tanzania.
Follow this link to read more about the grant and what Mr. Mmari will be doing with the grant.